Sony PRS-T1 Lockscreen problem

Sorry to all Czech readers, but this article should be primary in English.

A few days ago I bought Sony PRS-T1 e-ink reader. I root it and unlock Android on it (http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST1_Rooting_and_Tweaks). Everythink works fine, but one day I set up PIN lock using standart Android settings. There is allowed use 16 digits PIN. OK I set up 5 digits. Problems start when device locked up. Unlocking screen allow only 4 digits PIN entry.

So I try find out how disable PIN, finally I found it. There is a manual how disable lock.

  1. Reboot your device using sharp pencil, hold Home + Menu button and power up device (http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST1_Rooting_and_Tweaks#Boot_into_Recovery_Console)
  2. On Windows should be needed to install drivers.
  3. After this continue following steps written in link
  4. Start Putty on COM port which you found in computer management
  5. Press Enter key and log in using username root
  6. Now cd to /tmp
  7. Insert microSD card to your device
  8. Use following code to mount /data and sdcard partition


mkdir sd
mkdir data
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 sd
mount /dev/mmcblk2p9 data
cp data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db sd/settings.db
umount sd

  1. Now you should have your settings.db on sdcard
  2. Connect sdcard to another pc and use SQLite DB editor (for Win for example SQLite Database Browser Portable)
  3. Open settings.db in app and in Execute SQL entry


update secure set value=0 where name='lockscreen.password_salt';
update secure set value=0 where name='lockscreen.password_type';

  1. And execute query
  2. Save file and close aplication, disconect you sdcard and put it back into your device
  3. Get bact to Putty and entry


mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 sd
cp data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db_bak
cp sd/settings.db data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
umount sd
reboot

  1. Device should reboot and lockscreen disappear

Thats it, it looks more difficult than it realy it

Flashgot a JDownloader

Dneska sem se snažil zprovoznit nastavit stahování z Mozilla Firefoxu (s pluginem Flashgot) pomocí JDownloaderu. Na internetu zle najít několik návodů, ale žádný mi však nefungoval. Po delším hledání sem našel postup:

  1. Nastalovat JDownloader (nepoužívejte adresář s diakritikou)
  2. Nainstalovat / aktualizovat Flashgot
  3. Restartovat Firefox
  4. V nastavení Flashgot (Nástroje->Flashgot->Rozšířené možnosti) přejít na záložku Rozšířené a dát „Zjistit nyní“
  5. Na záložce obecné by měl jít zvolit JDownloader
  6. V případě že nelze přejít na záložku Rozšířené a zde zvolit „Zobrazit záznam“
  7. V záznamu by ke konci mělo být uvedeno něco podobného:
    Dispatch done in ms74
    Total processing time: ms99
    JDownloader response:
    200
    E:\Programy\Stahovani\JDownloader/JDownloader.jar
    java -Xmx512m -jar E:\Programy\Stahovani\JDownloader/JDownloader.jar
  8. Pokud není JDownloader nereaguje a je nutné přejít do jeho nastavení (Nastavení->Rozšíření) a zde povolit „Flashgot pro Firefox“
  9. Restartovat Jdownloader i Firefox a začít od bodu 4.

Poznámka: Je důležité aby cesta k JDownloderu byla správná, pokud použijete cestu s diakritikou může zde být chybně například Stahov�n� a Flashgot JDownloader nedetekuje!